In 1886, the people of this community were having Sunday School under a bush shelter, but felt they needed more. They decided to organize a church. To organize this church, Deacon Henderson Sanders was borrowed from Johnston Piney Grove Baptist Church and Deacon Modecia Stevens from First Missionary of Smithfield. This newly organized body was named Oak Grove Missionary Baptist Church. Henderson Sanders, John Sanders and Doc Durham were elected trustees.
In 1889, the present site was purchased for $5.00. Reverend Henry McLoud was call to pastor this newly organized body and Reverend Alex Jones proceeded him with a succession following him, Reverend Robert Jones, Reverend F.J. Ferrell, Reverend Norman Sanders and Reverend Terrel then served for four years until his death. Reverend Roger Brodie accepted the call in January 1953 - January 2000, when he retired. Reverend Thomas B. Bass, Jr, accepted the call in 2003, he served for three years preceded by Rev Ellis T. Cozart, Jr was call as the ninth pastor in 2007.
2011, Reverend Michael Martin accepted the call to pastor.
The following person who were affiliated with Oakey Grove became ministers of the Gospel: Dallas Judkins, James Bell, Rudolph Bell, Anthony Sanders, Nathaniel Bush, John Branch and Percy Bryant.